Whether your home is brand new or in need of an update, the best way to make it stand out on the curb is with a beautiful coat of exterior paint. While this might sound like an opportunity to go crazy expressing yourself with bright and busy colors, there are many things to consider before choosing a color scheme for your house:
- Do you intend to resell your home in a few years?
- How will the color scheme work with your gardens and landscaping?
- Does your house have wood or vinyl siding?
- Are there pre-existing colored materials, like brick, stone or stucco, to complement with your palette?
- What is your region or climate? What are your neighborhood trends?